- This event has passed.
Shree Hari Jayanti
Lord Shree Swaminarayan incarnated in Chhapiya, near Ayodhya at 10:10 p.m on Chaitra sud 9, Samvat 1837 to 2nd April 1781 CE.
Lord Shree Swaminarayan Said;
The earlier Avtars incarnated to serve a specific purpose, However, My present incarnation is to Brahmanise the Jivas and grant them ultimate salvation. For this mission, I, the Purushottam, transcending Aksharbrahman, have assumed a human form.
“At a time when Gujrati-Kathywadi was stepped in darkness, with his divine power, Bhagwan Swaminarayan:
- Enlightened infinite hearts,
- inspired thousands to sacrifice themselves on his commands,
- Subjugated the looting instincts of scores of Kathis and Kolis,
- Re-established the extinct Brahmacharya Ashrams,
- Enlightened the ascetic order which had become uncontrolled and wanton,
- Laid down the ideas of self-control for the gurus and Acharyas who had lapsed,
- Gave women a well-defined status in the society and the Sampradaya, thus uplifting them,
- Accepted non-Hindu into the Hindu Dharma,
- Taught purity of character to the Shudras (low castes),
- Boosted literature, music, and arts,
- Propounded Ahinsac (non-violent) Yagnas,
- Became teachers of the values of forgiving,
- Was a founder of character and purity of life,
- Was a proponent of the path of pure Bhakti (devotion) and pure Gyan (knowledge),
- Was a teacher of Bhagwat Dharma and extolled of the principles of Ved-Vyas.
If incarnation does occur on earth, then he can indubitably be given a title of Avtar.”
The tremendous effort of His divinity was reflected in the number of devotees then. Around 2 million worshipped Him as the Supreme Lord Purushottam Narayan. Additionally, He had initiated 3000 ascetics, consecrated 6 Vedic stone Mandirs, written code of conduct, Shikshapatri, and inspired his Paramhans to write several other scriptures, namely: Vachnamrutam, Satsangijivanam, Bhaktichintamni, and Haricharitramut Sagar, in addition to thousand poetic verses- Kirtans. Scholars have considered the Vachnamrutam as the first and the finest piece of Gujrati prose of the early 19th century.
After Lord Shree Swaminarayan departed to Akshardham on Jeth sud 10, Samvat 1886-June 1830, He remains manifest on earth through H.H. 1008 Acharya Marajshree Koshalendraprasadji and his successor.